Monday, September 6, 2010

A Malay Grandson

My Grand Father

I am searching for one of Chew Joo Chiat's grandson. He is my father's half brother and also my uncle. The differnece is, his mother is a Malay. Nevertheless, he is still my uncle and a close relative. He has a Chinese name but later changed it to a Malay name. The last I saw him was when his father (my grandpa) passed away in 1947. He came to pay his last respect to his father. His last known address was at Jalan Eunos. It is more than half a century ago and I am sure he had moved to a new address. He and his family deserve a place in Chew Joo Chiat's family tree which I am still building. Any of his family members or anyone who knows this family can contact me.

3 comments:

Unk Dicko said...

Hope you will one day get reconnected with him or his family.
It's interesting indeed!
Btw Philip,Facebook reaches out to more people in a very public way. If you can share this story in FB, there's a better chance for anything to happen.

Philip Chew said...

thanks for your suggestion

Beng Tang said...

Also you chould put his name in the text of the blog, not only in the photo, as google can index it so if someone searches for his name they might see your blog.